What is html5?
Before we continue our html tutorial, HTML stands for: Hyper Text Markup Language. It is the basic building block of the World Wide Web.
This tutorial is going to focus on html resources that specifically have to do with web development. This is purely going to be a markup language tutorial.
Hypertext is text displayed on a computer or other electronic device with references to other text that the user can immediately access, usually by a mouse click or key press.
Apart from text, hypertext may contain tables, lists, forms, images, and other presentational elements. It is an easy-to-use and flexible format to share information over the Internet.
Markup languages use sets of markup tags to characterize text elements within a document, which gives instructions to the web browsers on how the document should appear.
HTML was originally developed by Tim Berners-Lee in 1990. In 1996, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) became the authority to maintain the HTML specifications. HTML5 is the latest version of HTML. HTML5 provides a faster and more robust approach to web development.
What You Can Do with HTML
- Publish documents online with text, images, lists, tables, etc.
- Access web resources such as images, videos or other HTML document using hyperlinks.
- Create forms to collect user inputs like name, e-mail address, comments, etc.
- Include images, videos, sound clips, flash movies, applications and other HTML documents directly inside an HTML document.
- You can create offline version of your website that work without internet.
What you would learn from this html tutorials for beginners